Monday, May 12, 2008

Shop Friend: Kay's K9s

It took me a while to gather the photos for this...literally...I had a hard time creating the posts because I had to ooh and aah (for like the fifteenth time) over each and every one of these critters. I first came across Kay Turple's amazing needle felting work when I was looking for a birthday gift for a friend. She happens to be one of the most beloved dog sitters in San Francisco so I was on the hunt for something fun for her own dog, Britanie. My jaw dropped when I saw these miniature wool felted dog sculptures...each one custom crafted to resemble your pooch! If you are a dog lover or if you have friends who are...this is the perfect gift to give!

above: which one is the real dog? the top left is real dog Britanie and next to it the adorable keychain that Kay made.


Visit her etsy shop where you can commission her to sculpt a felt pooch or feline. Each work comes with a signed certificate and a portion of the proceeds goes to the Ontario SPCA. You can also visit her blog where she posts up her commissions.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beyond cute!!!

Anonymous said...

they think of everything! so super cute!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh my gosh. that english sheepdog is out of this world!!

Anonymous said...

sheep dog is SOOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff............I am a sculptures manufacturer supplier and looking for partners globally. If any one interest please contact me through this website.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Awww. I love you Catherine! Brittnie's miniature fuzzy head is displayed on our mantel, I admire it every single day, and she sends her love and thanks you for making her a SUPERSTAR on your lovely blog. :)

ps- Bogey says 'Hi Mom'!

God, I'm such a weirdo. :p